THE IMPORTANCE OF SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
How to Get Your Children to School on Time
1. Have a daily routine beginning with Sunday nights.
2. Have consistent bedtimes for children and parents on all nights.
3. Go to bed and get up at the same time on weekdays and weekends.
4. Put clothes out in the evening for school the next day.
5. Have homework done in the evening and put in backpack before going to bed.
6. Have backpacks and shoes together by the door from which you leave.
7. Have nighttime rituals like reading to children before bed.
8. All children should have their own alarm clock and be taught to set it.
9. Get up 15 minutes earlier than usual and increase the number of minutes until you find the right time to get up to be on time for school.
10. Get to school at the earliest time allowed at your school.
11. Have a weekly family reward on Friday for getting to school on time everyday that week.
12. Have a backup plan in case the car doesn't start or the children miss the bus.
13. Make sure your clocks at home are set for the same time as the school clocks.
14. Make regular, on time attendance a priority in your family.
15. No TV, radio, video games, or phone in the morning for parents or children.