"Soar Like a Hawk"
It is the mission of Tafoya Elementary School to educate each student by:
• Working collaboratively to provide a high quality, articulated, standards-based instructional program
• Ensuring that each student is proficient in reading, math, writing, the use of technology and critical thinking skills.
• Developing students’ ability to work collaboratively, independently and in groups
• Establishing a safe, caring, inclusive school environment
• Providing support systems that neutralize challenges so that all students will succeed
• Developing home-school connections in support of student learning and involving parents in school decision-making
• Using data to evaluate/improve school programs and to inform instruction
At Tafoya Elementary, everyone takes responsibility to help meet the needs of our students. We do this by working together to promote a love of learning as we ensure that each student grows academically and socially. We hold high expectations for student achievement and a firm belief that all students will achieve.
Our school community is committed to providing our Tafoya scholars with a well-rounded, instructional program that prepares them for middle school and lays the foundation for success in college and the career of their choice. Students, staff, parents, and community members maintain a positive, respectful learning environment that promotes perseverance and responsibility, while empowering students to achieve.
• Hold high expectations for ourselves and our students.
• Celebrate staff and student successes.
• Participate in ongoing professional development to ensure we are using current research-based programs, practices, and strategies.
• Recognize, respect, and be sensitive to culture and ideological diversity.
• Provide a safe, caring, and respectful learning environment that promotes high academic achievement and personal growth.
• Engage parents and the community in student learning and decision making.
• Engage in reflective practice to ensure we are meeting the needs of the students in a 21st century classroom.